Stay Fit and be WEALTHY
Stay HEALTHY and be WEALTHY
Across the nations and across the cultures there is one very old saying “Health is Wealth”. This stands true even today as it was a thousand of years ago.
Yes, i have read it multiple times since childhood – Health is wealth. But how come health is related to your finances?
If you are fit & healthy, you will have less health related issues. If you try to stay fit till old age, you will save a fortune by NOT spending money on health related issues and remember Hospital visits cost a bomb these days.
Hmm…yes true. It makes sense. Can you brief me on how someone can become wealthy by staying healthy?
You can save a fortune by staying healthy. If you are fit & healthy, you will have less health related issues. If you try to stay fit till old age, you will save a fortune by NOT spending money on health related issues and remember Hospital visits costs a bomb these days.
The very first thing that comes to mind while discussing about health is to eat healthy. This means
- No Junk food
- Diet comprising fresh fruits / poultry (you must have heard – an apple a day keeps the doctor away )
- Balanced diet comprising of all micro-nutrients
The benefits of eating healthy are
- You have improved physical health
- You have improved mental health
- You can avoid being overweight
- You can have a longer disease free life
Then comes Avoiding drugs/ addiction / alcohol. Drugs abuse can cause
- Cardiovascular diseases
- HIV AIDS
- Hepatitis B & C
- Lung diseases
If you are drug addiction free then
- You can stay healthy
- You can have a longer life
Ok ok, yes it’s clear now that by eating healthy and by staying away from drug abuse, one can stay healthy and can have a long life. Anything else that can make a person healthy ?
One very important aspect of healthy life is doing moderate exercise – and that too regularly.Doing regular exercise can do wonders to your body
- It prevents chronic conditions like heart disease, type 2 diabetes, cancer etc
- It improves strength so that one can stay more independent in old age
- It promotes healthy growth in kids when they see you exercising regularly
- It makes you look and feel good
Doing regular exercise also
- Makes it easy for you to concentrate on work
- Sharpens your memory
- Let you stay focussed for longer durations
- Boosts creativityReduce stress levels
- Makes a person happy
In addition to all mentioned above, one more key is not to miss your regular medical checkup. This will preempt treatment for any disease you catch in early stage.
And to make sure that your health does not affect your finances, you must insure yourself to cover cost of medical treatments and have adequate life cover.
Thank you for explaining in such a simple language how health affects finances and one must stay healthy in order to create & preserve wealth.
Yes, and the bottom-line is by staying healthy you can save your finances which otherwise would go waste in taking rounds of hospitals and paying consultants/practitioners to cure your chronic diseases. This can cause you and your family a big mental trauma in addition to the financial losses.
So, Stay HEALTHY and be WEALTHY. Happy investing !!!